Friday, March 28, 2008

My Cactus..14 years of waiting..it lasted for 2 hours

i planted this cactus(i calls it Queen) since 1994.. it was during my primary school time..i was10 years old at that time.. it was started with a single cactus.. then it slowly grows and have children around it.. so i planned to change the pot to a bigger 1.. and i did... then i just left it there..my dad helped me to take of it cause i have to further my study to the other side of Penang.. i only manage to see my cactus twice a week... last week, i saw 3 strange bunches around Queen.. it looks like cotton.. i manage to capture it with my handphone. i though Queen is disturbed by worms of some other insects. but when i look carefully the "things" are attached to my Queen. i just let it be. then, it becomes longer.. my dad said that Queen is going to bloom...
Then i started to put more water to Queen.. Amazingly, the pedicel is getting longer and longer..
Finally, Queen start blooming.. i was not be able to see it cause at that time i was in outstation.. my mum and dad manage to see it for 2 hours..after that the flower started to die..when i reached home, i only manage to capture this photo..

i waited for 14 years.. but it lasted for 2 hours...

No comments:

Related